LATEST UPDATE: Should Respect Be Based On Age?
Our society still upholds the need to respect our elders or older ones. But I think there are cases whereby 'disrespect' is called for.
For example, there's the fact that many cases of corruption and bad behaviour (eg molesting of little kids) have been undertaken by older ones. It seems we carry on with the norm that youths must shut up while fellow elders correct the person in who erred. That's is still okay; but what of in the absence of elders ?
I will use a personal example. I manage my Dad's property. Of recent a tenant put some goods in my part of the house without asking, when I POLITELY told him to stop parking in my part of the house (I allowed him to) and remove his goods he said I should '. . . give him respect.' Which was very annoying, considering the fact that he was CLEARLY wrong. This is one of many examples youths face in the country.
And I have since concluded that "respect must FIRST based on character; age comes after." If there are older adults here who think respect must be based age, let me know why.
Thanks for Reading The LATEST UPDATE: Should Respect Be Based On Age?
SHARE WITH FRIENDS

