LATEST UPDATE:
Eagles get new homeUnless the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) thinks or acts order wise, AFCON 2015 qualifying match, involving the Super Eagles and the Sudanese national team would be prosecuted at the Abuja National Stadium next month, following assurances from the National Sports Commission (NSC).
The Director, Stadium Facilities, Engineer Ibrahim Shehu, who gave the assurance in a chat after leading the Minister of Sports, Dr. Tammy Danagogo, on an inspection of stadium facilities, said the pitch is in a perfect state to host local and international matches.
Engineer Ibrahim further noted that though the maintenance agreement with construction giants, Julius Berger ended in June, the NSC had ensured that the pitch conforms with international standard.
His words: “I want to say that considering the level of work done at the stadium, I can assure you that the stadium is ready for use since over one month now. It will be a welcome development if the Super Eagles can prosecute their matches in the stadium.
“I want to reiterate that the Abuja National Stadium is the best pitch we have in the country now. We will gladly oblige any request for the Super Eagles to start training and playing their matches here.The pitch is in a perfect condition to be used for the match against Sudan. As I said in my previous interactions with the media, when Julius Berger exited end of June after the maintenance agreement ended, we took up maintenance and since then never allowed it go bad again.
“We have also made necessary arrangement to ensure that the pitch remains lush green in conformity with the required international standard,” he assured.
Asked if there was any directive from the office of the Minister of Sports to the football federation to take the Eagles match to Abuja, he said: “I suppose that discussion must have taken place and general agreement reached. I don’t have any document to confirm that, but since it is the right thing to do, I suppose it would be done.”
The post Eagles get new home appeared first on The Sun News.
from http://ift.tt/I8U8zQ
Thanks for Reading The LATEST UPDATE:
Eagles get new homeSHARE WITH FRIENDS

